Your Source for Strategies with Extra Special Care
What is SpecialCaresm?
SpecialCaresm is a program that provides access to information, from what you need to know in order to provide the best care to your loved one with special needs, to how to manage your needs and those of other family members. To learn more about this program, please visit our SpecialCareSM page.
What Matters Most to You
Who are we?
At MassMutual Ohio, our Special Care Planning Team is a group of dedicated professionals with a focus on helping families with special needs. Our mission is to make a positive difference in the lives of individuals with special needs, their caregivers, and other family members. Our knowledgeable and dedicated Team Members are Special Care Planners*, many of whom focus on this field because of close ties to individuals with special needs. Our Team assists families with developing valuable financial strategies and solutions that integrate with Government programs and other community supports.
Through our specialized education, training and personal experiences, we understand the challenges of taking care of your family when you have a family member with special needs. Our Team Members take the time to work with you and your professional advisors.
Strategies and Services
It’s never too late to get started. A Life Strategy is not just about preparing for the future of your family member with special needs. It’s about what’s important to you and all your loved ones.
Our team members customize a strategy to meet your needs, taking into consideration benefits such as Medicaid** or Supplemental Security Income (SSI)** so that these aren’t jeopardized. We address your primary concerns and review your financial picture, offering options that best benefit your entire family, giving you peace of mind.
To find the right solution and customizing it to your unique situation, our Special Care Planners:
- Analyze – They ask questions, help you collect your financial and insurance data, and review this with you.
- Recommend – They meet with you to provide suggestions on how to fill the gaps so you can choose the services best suited to your situation.
- Implement – They work with you to implement the strategies and secure the required products and services to meet your goals.
- Review – Because your financial situation is bound to change and your loved one with a disability may experience life changes, our Special Care Planners work with you through periodic reviews to help you monitor the strategies in place, and their capacity to continuously meet your goals.
Our Special Care Planners can help you with many of your financial goals. It is important to note that financial Services Representatives are only able to provide certain services if they are licensed to do so in your state.
Are you ready to speak with a Special Care Planner about helping to secure your financial future and the financial future of your loved one with special needs? Get in touch with one of our professionals today.
* The Special Care Planner receives advanced training and information in estate and tax planning concepts, special needs trusts, government programs, and the emotional dynamics of working with people with disabilities and other special needs and their families. The certificate program is offered by The American College in Bryn Mawr, PA.
** For more information regarding benefits provided by Medicare or Medicaid (Medi-CAL in California) visit www.cms.hhs.gov. Medicaid guidelines vary by state. Contact your local Medicaid office for details. For information about SSI go to http://www.ssa.gov/pgm/links_disability.htm. Information is available by telephone, mail, in person, or at an office. The toll-free number is 1-800-772-1213.